Care and Repair
Whether you wear them every day or only occasionally, your pieces of jewellery are precious objects that require care and attention. We’re supposed to visit our dentist for a cleaning and check-up at least once a year, your jewellery should be given the same treatment.
Goldart features a fully integrated state-of-the-art on-site repair facility. We work with all precious metals and gemstones and utilize the latest technology and time tested techniques to maintain and repair your jewellery. Whether it’s simply to bring back its sparkle and shine or whether it requires some more love and attention, we take pride and care in your repair. It’s our pleasure to help preserve your precious jewellery.
Your jewellery never leaves the store because all service and repair takes place right here, with skilled precision by our team of experts.
All repairs are done on-site so you have the peace of mind that your jewellery will never leave the premises.
- Ring Sizing (Up or Down)
- Re-Stringing (Knotted or Unknotted)
- Re-Tipping (Prongs and Tips)
- Soldering (Chains, Rings, Bracelets...)
- Laser Welding (Eyeglasses, Chains, Rings, Bracelets, Posts and Clasps)
- Stone Re-Setting (Claw, Pavé, Micro-set, Rubbed, Channel or Bezel)
- Re-Finishing/Polishing (High Polish, Patina, Sandblast, Brush, Satin, or Matte)
- Plating (Gold, Silver, Rhodium, Black Rhodium)
- Engraving (Machine or By Hand)
- Restoring Antique Jewellery
- Remodelling/Remounting Jewellery
- Safety Catches (Bracelets and Earrings)
- Arthritic Shanks
- Shank Replacements (Full or Half)
- Gemstone Matching or Replacement
- Lost Earring Matching or Replacement
- Watch Links (Remove or Add)
- Watch Battery Replacement
*If you don’t see what you’re looking for on the list or are unsure of our “repair lingo”, just ask.
When you entrust us with your piece of jewellery, we examine it, define the type of service that needs to be carried out and provide you with a free estimate – all while you wait. Once you accept the estimate, (depending on the intricacy) most repairs will be completed within three business days, sometimes in even less time than it takes to grab a coffee!
We invite you to call us or visit us at 722 Bank Street to get a first-hand look at how we care for you and your jewellery.